Maintenance Manager Customer Survey
1. Who is the CMMS administrator?
Not surprisingly the main administrator of the CMMS is the maintenance or facility manager/supervisor. This person is usually responsible for abroad range of activities including the allocation of work, managing the maintenance budget, organizing planned work and overseeing the parts and labour resources. Fiix CMMS is the ideal tool to help simplify this.
2. How did your company manage maintenance before Fiix CMMS?
Key points from our maintenance manager customer survey.
- 86% of Fiix CMMS customers have come from paper, excel or no system at all.
- 14% have migrated from another CMMS application.
It is quite surprising that so many organizations are migrating from very manual, oldschool methods for managing their maintenance activities. In February 2012, I wrote a blog post entitled 9 reasons CMMS are better than spreadsheets in which I outlined some of the key advantages of using a CMMS over spreadsheets. It may be worth reading again. The biggest advantage of Fiix CMMS over spreadsheets, white boards or paper is the automated PM triggers and the automatic allocation of work. The CMMS notifies you when the work is due by triggering a work order in the queue. It’s that simple!
3. What key event made you look for a maintenance software solution?
- 44% of correspondence said they chose Fiix as “Our existing system was overwhelmed with the amount of work that needed to be tracked”
I’ve spoken to a number of clients in recent months for case studies, testimonials and general catch up and a recurring motivator for switching to Fiix CMMS from other systems is the proper organization of maintenance. It seems to be a recurring theme. Why try keep everything organized using email, phone, pagers, documents, black books, calendars, offline trackers, white boards, Excel, schematics, manuals, or even post-it notes? Fiix CMMS helps track all maintenance activities in one simple to use online application. The results speak for themselves – “Since we started using Fiix CMMS, we are worlds beyond were we were in terms of organization, efficiency and tracking”, Anthony Rettig, Bethel community church.
4. When you have maintenance-related questions or you need information, what specific resources do you go to for answers?
Our maintenance manager customer survey showed us that Google wins outright but it is great to see that www.fiixsoftware.com is becoming a trusted resource for maintenance related queries.