A huge part of your job is scheduling. Figuring out where technicians (both full-time employees and contractors) are at any given time, what they’re currently working on, and what’s on the docket for the rest of their day takes a lot of brainpower, and can be a huge pain in the ass without a decent calendar.
We know that a lot of you—even those working in a CMMS to manage maintenance—use programs like Excel and Outlook to build schedules because your CMMS either doesn’t have a calendar function, or the calendar it has isn’t great.
So we’re very happy to announce that we’re updating our calendar. We want to give you something that’s interactive and intuitive and works with the information that’s already in your CMMS.
The new calendar lets managers view, assign, and balance technicians’ assignments and priorities. It’s a great tool to see and adjust what maintenance activity is done by whom, when, and what its status is.
Sounds great, but what can you actually do with the calendar?
- Access the calendar to view all maintenance activities associated with your technicians in a given week, or in a single day.
- Filter the calendar to view only certain technicians, groups, locations, or sites.
- View any late or unassigned work orders and easily assign these to technicians.
- Drag and drop assigned work orders between technicians or weekdays.
- Create new work orders from within the calendar view.
Access your personal calendar to see all your assigned work orders arranged by day and priority, so you know exactly what’s coming up.
Read our help desk article for a more detailed explanation of the calendar, or head on over to your CMMS to see it in action.