Through our work at Fiix we seek to make a meaningful difference in the world by inspiring people and businesses, providing a means for sincere social and environmental change, and becoming a sustainable, profitable company. We use a triple bottom line to guide our decisions and actions, and help us tackle global problems and have meaningful impact at a local level.
We want the technology industry to be accessible and inclusive, so anyone can participate in the technology sector.
We want to make the planet a better place for future generations by supporting initiatives for climate change mitigation.
We want to be profitable in a responsible and transparent way, putting 1% of revenue to work to make a meaningful difference in the world.
Sustainable development goals
To unite our efforts with the global community, we aligned our goals with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning
- Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment, and decent work for all
- Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation, halt biodiversity loss
Why is a sustainable approach important?
- Businesses can be a force for positive change
- We want to encourage and inspire other companies to leverage the resources they generate through business to be a force for positive change.
- Doing good is the new norm for engaging employees
- In order to attract and retain top talent in technology, businesses need to create a deeper sense of meaning and purpose for employees.
- Maintenance and sustainability go hand in hand
- Properly maintaining assets and infrastructure can help cut down on waste and emissions, and protect investments in infrastructure.
CSR annual report
Using profit as the sole indicator of success is not enough—we also want to measure and report on our social and environmental impact. So we built a resilient corporate social responsibility (CSR) policy that commits Fiix to giving 1% of our time, resources, and revenue to the commitments that make up our CSR program. This annual report is our first step towards cementing social responsibility as a foundational part of the company’s business model.
Meet Katie, our CSR Manager
Katie is an optimistic sustainability professional, with a passion for the natural world and our place within it. She holds an Honours Environmental Science degree with a focus on Economics and Policy from the University of Guelph.