Fiix is committed to providing an accessible and inclusive environment where people of all abilities can thrive. We recognize the individual needs of all people we work and do business with, and strive to accommodate these needs in a sufficient and timely manner. We aim to become a barrier-free environment, and will work to do the following in accordance with Ontario provincial legal requirements:
- Identification, removal and prevention of barriers such as:
- Physical barriers
- Communication & technological barriers
- Attitudinal barriers
- Policy barriers
- Ensure compliance related to accessibility policies and procedures amongst our employees and increase awareness of accessibility initiatives at all levels of our organization,
- Training for our employees
We care deeply about the experience of all who we work with on a daily basis. That’s why we encourage all applicants, employees, customers, and others whom we do business with to notify us as soon as possible of any accommodations they may need.
Accessibility Standards Recruitment
Fiix is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to providing people of all backgrounds and abilities with a great application and interview experience. Any applicants that require accommodations throughout the application or interview process can contact Fiix via email at email@example.com or via phone at (647) 317-9055. Recognizing that people with disabilities usually know which accommodations are most suitable for them, we will work collaboratively with the applicant to develop a suitable accommodation that takes into consideration their unique abilities and limitations. We will disclose our commitment to accessibility in every job posting and when extending offers of employment to successful candidates.
Fiix recognizes that diversity in skill and thought are key to our success, and we work to create a barrier-free environment where all of our employees have what they need to succeed. Where requested, we will provide information in an accessible format, as determined in collaboration with the employee. This includes any information an employee needs in order to perform their job and any information that is generally available to employees at Fiix.
Process for Accommodations
- If an employee requires an accommodation for a disability, whether temporary or permanent, they should notify their manager or HR as soon as possible.
- Together, the employee, manager, and HR will assess the individual’s needs and develop a plan to provide the accommodations necessary in order for the employee to successfully do their job.
- These conversations are completely confidential and any personal information provided by the employee will remain secure
- If necessary, Fiix reserves the right to request an evaluation by an outside medical or other expert to determine if and how the accommodation best be achieved.
- If an accommodation cannot be made, the employee will be notified as soon as possible of the reasons for denial in a format that takes into account their accessibility needs.
- The accommodation plan will be reviewed periodically.
Individual Emergency Response Plans
For any employees that may require assistance during an emergency situation due to a disability, whether temporary or permanent, Fiix will work with them to create an individual emergency response plan (IERP) that includes the following:
- The employee’s name, the floor they work on and location of their work station,
- Any assistive devices and their location (if stored),
- The tasks during an emergency that they will require assistance with,
- The names and locations of any volunteers designated to assist the employee,
- How the volunteer will assist the employee,
- Any alternate routes a worker and volunteer may use when exiting the building, and
- The emergency contact information for the employee.
IERPs will be reviewed as necessary to ensure that the information contained in the IREPs remains accurate and up-to-date, including whenever an employee moves to a different location in the building and during the annual review of this policy. We will provide all employees with the necessary emergency information in a format that is accessible to them.
Information & Training
It is important that all of our employees are aware of our commitment to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment, which is why we provide all employees with training to ensure that they have the knowledge and tools to work with people of all abilities. This training will cover the following:
- How to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disability.
- How to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a guide dog or other service animal or the assistance of a support person.
- How to use equipment or devices available on Fiix premises or otherwise provided by Fiix that may help with the provision of services to a person with a disability.
- What to do if a person with a particular type of disability is having difficulty accessing Fiix’s services.
- Overview of the Ontario Human Rights Code as it relates to persons with disabilities
All Fiix employees will complete the training requirements outlined in this policy as soon as practicable upon starting at Fiix. Additionally, Fiix will ensure that all employees are aware of our policies and any updates made to them.
Customer Service Fiix is committed to providing service that respects the dignity and independence of all people with disabilities and ensures that people with disabilities have an equal opportunity to benefit from our services. All communication with people with disabilities whom we work and do business with will take into consideration their accessibility needs and, when requested, we will provide accessible formats or supports.
Assistive devices Fiix is committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person or assistive animal. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person or assistive animal will be allowed to enter our office with his or her support person or assistive animal. At no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person/assistive animal be prevented from having access to his or her support person while on our premises. We respect the personal space and dignity of all people with a disability when communicating private issues in the presence of a support person.
Notice of Temporary Disruptions
Fiix will provide affected customers with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by persons with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Providing feedback Feedback regarding Fiix’s services can be made in the following ways:Contact
Phone (647) 317-9055
35 Golden Ave Suite A-201 Toronto, ON, Canada M6R 2J5
Fiix will make reasonable efforts to provide, in a timely manner, accessible formats and communication supports in its feedback processes in order to ensure that these processes are accessible to persons with disabilities.
All complaints about Fiix’s delivery of service to people with disabilities that are received will be addressed in a reasonable and timely manner. Where possible, Fiix will endeavour to follow-up with the complainant.